UL1004:PRGY2.E93656 CSA-C22.2: PRGY8.E93656
UL1004-3*: XGFW2.E327906 CSA-C22.2: XGFW8.E327906* Formerly UL2111
UL507: GPWV2.E54522 CSA22.2: GPWV8.E54522
VDE: Approval # 40004639
The Energy Saving Motor (ESM) is an AC powered, electronically commutated external rotor motor that can cut your energy costs by two-thirds compared to the typical shaded-pole motors used in refrigeration applications! OK, we have to admit the upfront cost is higher. In the past that could have been a reasonable argument for sticking with lower cost, inefficient motors - but not any longer given the changes in energy costs and federal/state efficiency regulations. If you still need convincing, let's look at some other benefits;
- All that energy not being turned into shaft power by those shaded-pole motors is turned directly into waste heat that's going right back into your refrigeration system, adding to the heat load.
- The combination of low motor heat load with the use of ball bearings results in long life, which equates to a better ROI and lower maintenance cost.
- The ESM can be programmed for two speeds, where the minimum speed can be 40% or less of full speed for additional energy savings and noise reduction when full performance isn't required. The programming can be done by us or by you, even in the field. It's that easy.
- Reverse-on-start or reverse-on-demand rotation options available, even with integrated timer function for clearing out debris or filters.
- Built-in vibration isolation system for reducing mechanical noise transmission.
To make the decision to replace shaded-pole or PSC motors even easier, we've provided a range of economic complete fan packages built around the ESM, including;
· 6.8", 8”, 9", 10" and 12" Ø impellers.
· Motor, impeller, power harness and venturi with integrated mounting ring in one optimized package.
· Some models with built-in plastic grill guards and alternate air-flow direction (intake over guard instead of exhaust over struts).
All motors are UL Component Recognized for the USA and Canada for motor construction per UL1004, thermal overload protection per UL1004-3 or electronic protection per UL1004-7. Most complete fan assemblies are also UL Component Recognized for the USA and Canada per UL507.
So come-on! Ease on in to energy savings with ESM by ebm-papst Inc.